CPA Exam: 7 Steps To Become A CPA
Passing the CPA Exam is a significant milestone in the journey to becoming a certified public accountant. To help you prepare for this important exam, here is a step-by-step approach:
- Learn about the Exam: The first step is to become familiar with the requirements for the CPA Exam. The CPA Exam consists of four sections: Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR), Auditing and Attestation (AUD), Regulation (REG), and Business Environment and Concepts (BEC). Each section has its own set of topics that must be studied in order to pass the exam. Know your state's requirements to take the CPA Exam.
- Understand your State's CPA Exam requirements: Before you can sit for the CPA Exam, you must meet specific requirements set by your state's board of accountancy. These requirements vary from state to state, so it's essential to understand what your state requires before beginning your studies.
- Choose an appropriate CPA study program: Once you have determined that you are eligible to take the exam, it's time to choose a suitable CPA Review course. There are many different options available, including online courses, self-study guides, and classroom instruction. It's essential to choose a program that fits your learning style and budget so that you can maximize your chances of success on the exam. A good CPA prep course will also keep you updated on the changes to the CPA Exam.
- Prepare for each section: After selecting a study program, it's time to begin preparing for each section of the exam. This includes studying topics such as financial accounting principles, auditing standards, business law concepts, taxation regulations, and more. It's also important to practice taking sample exams so that you can become familiar with the format and types of questions asked on the actual exam day.
- Register for the Exam: Once you feel confident in your knowledge and preparation for each section of the exam, it's time to register for an upcoming testing date at a Prometric testing center near you or through one of their remote proctoring sites if available in your area.
- Take CPA practice tests: As part of your preparation process leading up to test day, it is recommended that you take practice tests as often as possible so that you can get comfortable with how questions are asked on the actual exam day and build up confidence in yourself before taking on this challenge!
- Take the real thing: Finally – after months or even years of hard work – it's time to take on this challenge head-on! Make sure you arrive early, at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time, at the Prometric testing center or remote proctoring site; bring two forms of valid identification; make sure all electronic devices are turned off; read all instructions carefully; answer all questions accurately; review all answers before submitting; take breaks when needed; stay focused throughout; remember that passing scores may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction; don't forget about post-exam procedures such as score release dates/times, etc.; celebrate when done! It's important to note that the CPA Exam scoring is a relative mystery, and the CPA Exam pass rates are low, so if you come up short, don't be discouraged! You'll get there.
Yes, There Are Two Paths You Can Go By…
NINJA CPA Review is a complete course that has also been the #1 CPA Review supplement for over a decade.
One product, two ways it can be used to study.
How would you like to use NINJA?
You plan to use NINJA CPA Review as your ‘one and only.' It will be your primary set of study materials that you will conquer the exam with.
NINJA As A Supplement
You plan to use NINJA alongside another set of study materials you have already purchased. (Becker, Wiley, Roger, Surgent, etc.) Therefore, you will be supplementing that course with NINJA.